|TelForce Group is looking for a Commercial Construction Manager in the Syosset, NY area. This is a field position with heavy travel. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Commercial Construction Manager Description:
• Assists craft/subcontractors/superintendents in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Ensures competent and practical adherence to the company standards and lessons learned.
• Communicates issues and new project lessons learned in order that these issues are captured for possible future implementation.
• Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager.
• Manage direct hire craft, provide any required discipline in accordance with the company’s Labor Relations Manual
• Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Commercial Construction Manager Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience as Superintendent or 3 years on similar projects in supervisory role or equivalent
• OSHA Training and Qualification
• 5+ years' experience on large power plant construction projects
• Safety, Cost, Quality and Schedule training and qualification
• Construction Management Contract Administration training and qualification
• Cost, Back charges and Schedule training and qualification
• Industrial Relations training
• Knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Construction Safety awareness and comprehension.
• Knowledge of Cultural and Social Awareness Skills
• Conflict Management Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Construction Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.