The Sedona Fire District Telecommunications Team is looking for a highly motivated, multifaceted, radio focused technician. This position requires a broad skill set with experience and the ability to function under pressure with minimal supervision. The position handles installation, troubleshooting and repair of a large variety of equipment in a self-maintained network. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and ability in the following areas:
• Point to point licensed microwave with TDM and IP traffic • VHF and UHF analog two way radio systems • Simulcast two way radio systems including voice and data • JPS receiver comparator systems • Wireless and wired Ethernet networks • WAN and LAN • Cisco switches and routers • VoIP , RoIP and analog phone lines • DC power plants, rectifiers and off grid power systems • Antenna, transmitter combiner, receiver multi-coupler and RF filtering sweeping and troubleshooting. • Ability to climb communication towers and pass tower climber tower rescue certification. • 911 dispatch consoles, CAD and interfacing to MDT • WiFi systems • Motorola CPS, as well as other brands of radio programming software, and Microsoft office • PC troubleshooting • Fault notification systems using SNMP • Email, SMS, POCSAG digital paging, two tone decoders, fire station alerting systems. • Four wheel drive to remote mountain tops • Snow Cat operations • High standards of customer service • Willingness to be on 24-hour call out
All applicants will participate in a written, practical and oral testing process.
Telecom Tech II Starting Pay 2018: $72-83K to start depending on experience; annually We offer a comprehensive benefits plan!
Steps in the Recruitment Process:
1. Go to http://www.sedonafire.org- click on the About Us link, then click on Careers at SFD.
2. Download and read the job description and job announcement
3. Please note this is a Journeyman level position, not an entry level apprentice.
4. Ensure you meet the minimum qualifications and knowledge, skills and abilities. These are found above and on the job description.
5. Submit your resume with cover letter, completed application as well as proof of required education and licenses/certifications to Betty Johnson at address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. You will be notified of next steps in the selection process.
Sedona Fire District 2860 Southwest Drive Sedona, AZ 86336 928-282-6800 Sedona Fire District is an equal opportunity employer
Minimum Qualifications: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES WHO MEET THESE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED • Must be 18 years or older at the time of employment • High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent • Valid AZ Drivers License (or ability to acquire upon hire) • Able to speak, read, and write in English • Able to be insured under SFD automobile insurance policy • Ability to meet the position’s physical requirements • Technical training through technical vocational school/academy/organized program with emphasis on two-way radios and microwave with four years of experience in the repair/maintenance of two-way radios and microwave radio systems OR six years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of two-way radios and microwave radio system with a public safety radio system • More knowledge/skills/abilities listed on the job description page 2-please review