Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist (Contractor)
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager in the ongoing operations of the GIS program, and design and/or prepare graphic representations of GIS data. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will work with the GIS program to create and maintain geographically referenced data. This position requires an employee to be flexible, be able to multitask, think intuitively, implore time management skills, and possess troubleshooting ability. The GIS Specialist must take ownership of project they are tasked to complete and will report progress regularly to the GIS Manager. The GIS Specialist must be able to support in operating and maintaining the GIS system hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Import, integrate, updates, cleans, and validates data from multiple sources
- Tests data for quality and completeness and creates summarized reports explaining the results
- Uses scripting, desktop GIS, and modeling applications to automate data analysis for a variety of purposes
- Writes summarized reports and communicates results of data analytics, including technology and data recommendations
- Creates or supports online mapping applications for use across the organization
- Develops system documentation and user manuals on GIS best practices and functionality
- Supports GIS Manager in onboarding and training new employees as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree required in GIS or related areas; Certificate in GIS preferred
- One to three or more (1-3+) years of experience with GIS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of cartographic and GIS concepts, database management principles, and product output/development.
- Experience working with ArcGIS Desktop (or comparable software) on a daily or weekly basis to create maps and/or run analysis.
- Experience being resourceful and creative in problem solving with good critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet with users to establish specific project requirements/priorities and communicate these to the GIS team to develop products that meets the client's needs.
- Advanced experience working with the Microsoft Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with summarizing and presenting data to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to efficiently and quickly utilize all available tools and datasets to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!