Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
Please apply or text keyword CorpSBA to 313131
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure. Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams? We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
▪Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
▪Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
▪Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
▪Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
▪Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
▪Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
The Quality auditor is responsible for providing ongoing quality support to Construction and Installation activities for SBA in all regions. The Quality auditor's responsibility includes auditing, (ISO and Field Quality) reporting, handling non-conformances, root cause analysis, problem solving etc. The QE through random audits will verify / validate the Installation crew follows the recommended quality guidelines and other Customer specific installation standards / procedures to achieve the desired quality targets as well as `First Pass' Customer Acceptance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Interpret and communicate requirements of QS-9000 designation.
▪ Prepare related documentation.
▪ Develop and implement required training programs.
▪ Conduct internal ground/tower top quality audits and data analyses required for compliance with defined standards.
▪ Review procedures and quality instructions developed by others to validate content and to ensure compliance and requirements.
▪ Write and revise operating procedures and quality instructions to suit defined requirements and ensure that documentation on file is current and accurately reflects actual operating procedures.
▪ Advise management of ISO status, requirements and issues via written and verbal communication.
▪ Coordinate third party audits of plant operations and standards to determine compliance with QS-9000 requirements.
▪ Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
▪ BA/BS in Engineering required or equivalent expertise.
▪ 5+ years' experience in the Telecommunication industry experience required.
▪ 2+ years' experience as a Field Installer (Switching & BTS) preferred.
▪ 2+ years of Field Quality Auditing experience.
▪ Climbing Certification is preferred
▪ Working knowledge of wireless technologies (CDMA, TDMA, GSM, etc.) and /or Tower construction.
▪ Certification in any industry standards desirable (ex. Telcordia).
▪ Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Word, Excel, Internet navigation and e-mail.
▪ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
▪ Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
▪ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
▪ Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
▪ Sitting 50% of the day.
▪ Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
▪ Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
▪ Ability to stoop and bend.
▪ Ability to climb towers.
▪ Ability to travel 60% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.