|TelForce Group is looking for a CAD Drafter in the Minneapolis, MN area.
Contract with potential to convert to permanent. Under the supervision of the Graphics Lead, perform engineering technician work requiring basic technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverables. Evaluates methods used to accomplish the drafting and/or design activities.
CAD Drafter Description:
• Role will be responsible for drafting/design for Telecom projects.
• Develop or modify deliverables based on GIS design, field gathered information, rough sketches, marked-up copies and/or detailed verbal instructions.
• Develops necessary layouts/views, sections and details with supervision.
• Learn and understand the standards and procedures of the current project and the company.
• Performs minor computations such as material quantity estimate, dimensional checks, etc. as assigned.
• Learn new programs or processes required for assignments.
• Continuously evaluates methods used to accomplish the activities they have been assigned.
• If this evaluation indicates that a process can be simplified, without sacrificing the integrity of the outcome, it should be discussed with the supervisor for possible implementation.
• Ensures that the deliverables and tasks that they work on are complete and meet the company’s QA requirements.
CAD Drafter Qualifications:
• Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
• A minimum of 1+ year related work experience, prefer 3+ years.
• Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) program, “AutoCAD” is required.
• Basic knowledge in (GIS, 3GIS, Visio and Civil 3D) is preferred, but not required.
• Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and the company’s policies and procedures.
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.