CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER (COMMERCIAL)
Newport Beach, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
As a Construction Project Manager (Commercial), you will be working in our Asset Manager Department here at Mobilitie. This is a unique department and is not involved in the telecommunications or wireless side. Instead, this team manages the private real estate portfolio of the owner. This portfolio consists of retails, offices, apartments, and single family homes. You will be involved in management, construction, capital expenditures, design, leasing and accounting. Each day is different which makes it more exciting and rewarding! You will be working with everyone from the architect to the janitorial teams and are in charge of running many different projects at once.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management and field supervision of maintenance/renovation projects and construction projects as required
- Manage the activities of subcontractors, vendors and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity
- Walk all sites on projects daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning
- Assist in the selection of contractors, write contracts & purchase orders, create and monitor work schedules, control scope and quality of work, approve payments, and review final costs for all projects
- Work with design professionals, municipal officials, and key contractors to support and lead projects
- Monitor all phases of a project and promptly address any changes to the original scope of services and the impact to the project schedule and budget. Frequently assessing project needs and resources available to complete the project effectively.
- Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule and provide day to day updates of project status as needed
- Organize and lead all project meetings – all-encompassing of any necessary vendors and/or subcontractors
- Assist property managers in planning and managing annual site maintenance, such as paving work, re-roofing work, roofing maintenance, etc. Develop budgets and schedules for upcoming projects as needed. Provide cost estimates and documentation for property managers when needed
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management strongly preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in retail or commercial construction, structural engineering, and project management. At least five (5) years in a lead capacity
- Current General Contractor’s License
- Strong working knowledge of construction drawings. Proficient in blue prints and CAD
- Must have the ability to perform, as well as manage, the maintenance and certain construction aspects of commercial, multi-family residential, and office projects
- Proficiency to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, such as: entitlement applications, traffic studies, CC&Rs, agreements/contracts, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, environmental reports and architectural drawings
- Capacity to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to Budgeting, Scheduling, Submittals, Change Orders, and RFI’s
- Must be willing to travel to different sites locally
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!