|As a Zoning Paralegal, you will provide support to Tillman’s Zoning Director and provide project coordination for zoning matters concerning the permitting of cell site construction throughout the United States.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in the use of Excel and relational databases such as Site Tracker, and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team as well as across various departments at Tillman.
• Work closely with the Zoning Director, Site Development Project Managers, in-house legal department, and outside professionals to assist in the preparation and management of zoning applications for variances, building permits and various consents from governmental departments to have the proper consent to construct cell towers.
• Maintain and update a tracker of all zoning and building permit applications to ensure deadlines for complying with local zoning code time deadlines and assist in providing all the necessary supporting documents for such applications.
• Coordinate with outside counsel for appearances before zoning boards and zoning matters that are reviewed by state, county and local boards and courts.
• Research and obtain local zoning ordinance documentation
• Review zoning drawings with consideration of zoning requirements and request modifications to minimize zoning risk exposure
• Coordinate the aggregation of needed documentation and information required for meetings, applications and building permits.
• At the direction of the Zoning Director, support outside consultants in the preparation of reports for internal and external (Customer) meetings
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in land use law/zoning/real estate, etc.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and internal databases (e.g., SiteTracker).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Notary Public preferred, but not required.
• Employment will be contingent on the submission of appropriate documentation showing proof of COVID-19 vaccination subject to the request for a legally permissible accommodation.
• 401K plan with company match offered
• 17 Paid days off
• 11 holidays
• Competitive health, dental and vision plans
• Paid parental leave
• Employee Recognition Programs