|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Fayetteville, Raleigh & Greensboro, NC areas.
The OSP Engineer is responsible for designing, permitting and managing the implementation of the company’s Outside Plant fiber projects to meet committed due dates, budgets and quality specifications.
OSP Engineer Description:
• Achieve completion of OSP build and/or splice tasks through engineering instruction and diagrams
• Negotiate costs, build relationships, define statements of work, and expedite orders with vendors, engineering design firms, and contractors
• Complete and follow-up with all applicable local governments and entities regarding access rights, permits and fees to launch projects
• Validate commitment dates based on all pre-requisite tasks to be completed
• Effectively communicate clear, concise, and accurate project information as it relates to the schedule, risks, and projected, as well as realized expenses to management, team members, and customers
• Prepare and implement plan deviations to mitigate impact of unplanned and unforeseen factors
• Responsible for driving engineering and contracting firms to meet assigned delivery dates that include circumstances where issues arise – working closely with them to develop solutions as needed
• Verify project conformance to engineering design and document deviations, their cause, and impact
• Contribute to the overall quality of the OSP build process by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures
• Input OSP fiber route data into corporate geo-mapping system as existing, new, and re-route requirements demand
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field, equivalent work experience
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the fiber/telecommunications/telecom construction industry (SG-5/P1)
• Previous experience in planning, project management, contract negotiations, and accounting fundamentals
• Experience with building structure conduit/path design
• Ability to Design/Engineer new, large OSP metro fiber builds or re-routes (some greater than 30 miles)
• Experience with City, County, State, and Railroad permit application process
• Experience with coordinating pole attachment agreements with local utilities
• Experience with ILEC LSO fiber entrance application, scheduling, and implementation processes
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.