|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Field Operations Supervisor in the Lansing, MI area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Position is responsible for managing all outside field operations in the assigned geographic area ensuring the efficient and timely completion of customer fulfillment requests for premise installation and repair. The Field Operations Supervisor also supports the video engineering and facilities engineering departments with hub site maintenance activities.
OSP Field Operations Supervisor Description:
• Oversee the selection, hiring, and career development of all field technicians
• Help establish and maintain a standard for equipping technicians with tools and test sets
• Manage the company tools and test set inventory and quickly address ‘loss’ issues
• Help develop a supporting training and skills development curriculum for both new hires and existing employee and maintain its currency
• Manage workplace safety and provide safety training to employees as required
• Manage both the productivity and quality of work down to the individual employee level
• Assure that all technicians exhibit a ‘customer friendly’ attitude promoting the company’s commitment “to serve with passion” and deliver an excellent customer experience.
• Monitor quality control of installation work – conducts on-site QC surveys for compliance with company installation standards and tracks QC compliance of individual technicians as well as generating monthly compliance reports
• Resolve customer complaints – investigates service and damage complaints and takes appropriate action to resolve the complaint
• Procure and coordinate installation activities of contractors as needed to meet work flow requirements
• Develop and maintain a district out-of-hours call out schedule
• Provide support to the video engineering and facilities engineering departments with the planning and maintenance functions for hub sites
• Assist the video and network engineering teams with the planning of all hub sites in terms of advising as to their location, size, exterior appearance, and internal layout.
• Support the monitoring and maintenance of all hub site electronics and peripheral systems
• Assist with troubleshooting equipment failures and service affecting problems
• Rapidly respond to any security or equipment alarms
• Support Outside Plant with repair and maintenance activities
• Work with OSP manager to develop OSP preventative maintenance routines to minimize potential outages
• Provide assistance as needed with OSP repair and restoration activities.
• Review all underground plant locate requests for facilities and ensures accurate locating of subject facilities are completed timely.
• Ensure OSHA, NESC, NEC, and company safety regulations and precautions are followed for all work activities
• Keep up-to-date with FCC and other regulatory requirements and standards
• Support storefront manager with local utility relations
• The associate may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
OSP Field Operations Supervisor Qualifications:
• Proven outside plant construction knowledge
• Prior hands-on experience with the installation and maintenance of customer inside wire
• To support field personnel in 2nd tier technical support circumstances, the ability to use a spectrum analyzer, OTDR, and other fault diagnosis tools
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of cable franchise management
• Knowledge of economic development
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.