Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure. Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams? We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
▪ Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
▪ Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
▪ Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
▪ Quality: We do it right the first time. Doing it right includes exceeding expectations, safety, timeliness and an exemplary work product.
▪ Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
▪ Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
▪ Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
Identify, investigate, select and collect rights, rules and regulations for wireless communications sites; negotiate lease contracts with private and public entities secure entitlements through zoning and permitting processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Coordinate the leasing process, to include lease application and other required documents with all required parties.
▪ Investigate specific geographical areas. Locate candidate sites within specific geographic areas, which meet engineering standards. Compile all candidate data for presentation to the client. Supplies weekly progress reports to the Site Development Manager.
▪ Prepare and present proposals. Present verbal and written proposals to property owners selling the mutual benefits of a business relationship, and gauge the motivation of the owners.
▪ Ability to professionally represent the company at client, zoning and other required meetings.
▪ Ability to proficiently use internal and external databases.
▪ Coordinate with internal and external resources on the scheduling of construction of the facility and installation of equipment.
▪ Perform all zoning and permitting activities required for customer equipment and communication towers.
▪ Negotiates mutually acceptable terms with the owners and clients and finalize an agreements.
▪ Attend and participate in various meetings; makes oral and written presentations.
▪ Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
▪ High School Diploma or GED and 3+ year of site acquisition, zoning, increasing land planning, local government or architecture experience required or Bachelor's degree in a related field with previous wireless telecommunications experience required.
▪ Must have demonstrated the intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Office and Microsoft Outlook.
▪ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
▪ Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
▪ Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
▪ Valid Driver's License required.
▪ Real Estate or Broker's License desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Ability to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch.
▪ Ability to stand, walk and sit.
▪ Ability to reach with hands and arms.
▪ Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
▪ Sitting ninety percent of the day.
▪ Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
▪ Manual dexterity to input data into the computer, the calculator and operate the equipment listed above.
▪ Ability to operate a vehicle.
▪ Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
▪ Ability to travel by airplane and motor vehicle as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.