Newport Beach, CA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Team in Newport Beach. The Senior Accountant is responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial reports and financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and customary business terms and practices
- Perform monthly general ledger closing activities, including the preparation of financial statements, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and P&L review
- Adheres to established policies and procedures; contributes strategic planning and review recommendations; implements productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolves problems; identifies process improvement opportunities
- Works with A/P and A/R personnel to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial statement information
- Assist in annual budgeting and auditing process
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- The ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Accounting/Finance, Business or Economics
- Excellent computer skills, problem resolution and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Extensive experience amount MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Prior experience with JD Edwards Accounting software preferred
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- CPA/Public Accounting experience a plus
- Corporate Accounting experience a plus
Mobilitie offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!