|TelForce Group is looking for a Facility Engineer in the Bethpage, NY area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Facility Engineer Description:
• Daily inspections of facilities in assigned region to gather information on conditions at assigned locations and ensure proper maintenance has been completed. Target potential hazard situations and formulate corrective plans of action.
• Review, evaluate, and prioritize all engineering work orders to determine appropriate course of action to be taken to effectively complete the request.
• Contact vendors and contractors to obtain estimates. Request proposals and negotiate prices with various types of vendors. Review and make recommendations for engineering related RFP’s received from outside contracted service companies.
• Supervise the maintenance work of outside vendors and contracted service companies on a day-to-day basis, in their performance of service and execution of contracts. Review vendor invoices and sign-off on work completed.
• Respond to facility emergency calls and perform hands-on repairs (if needed) to correct the situation.
• Ensures that established Facilities maintenance plans, policies, procedures, and OSHA standards are adhered to so the facility operates efficiently and safely.
Facility Engineer Qualifications:
• 8+ years of facilities maintenance/HVAC/building mechanical experience required
• Associate College degree or Technical certificate in HVAC
• BOC and/ or IFMA FMP certification preferred
• Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS) Johnson Metasys system preferred
• General understanding of State/Federal building/zoning codes and OSHA policies including NFPA life safety
• Proficiency in office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proficiency with CMMS software, Facility 360 system a plus
• Analytical skills necessary to monitor performance and troubleshoot faults in building mechanical systems
• Knowledge and experience in diversified HVAC/Boiler type services, capable of expediting these services satisfactorily
• Ability to prioritize, coordinate and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with vendors, contractors, and department personnel
• Working knowledge of construction, electrical, generators, UPS units, fire suppression and alarm systems, and project management
• Ability to work flexible hours
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.