|Looking for Technically Inclined Individuals willing to learn a new trade and travel the country.
Our Technicians take pride in their work, enjoy new technology and love customer service.
Benefits package includes: medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay and 401K plan. A truck and tools are required for position.
The technician’s primary responsibility is the installation of Voice/Data/Video Services over bonded ADSL2+ and single pair VDSL technologies. The tech is responsible for the Gateway, set-top-boxes (STB’s), customer wiring including CAT5 or RG-6 and customer education. The tech will utilize the HST3000 or equivalent for Data testing and the JDSU Smart-Class meter or equivalent for coaxial mapping, LAN mapping and WI-FI testing.
· Installs, maintains/repairs and tests residential/small business broadband products such as; High Speed Internet (HSI), Networking, VDSL, Fiber to Prem., IPTV, and High Definition TV.
· Work with computer operating systems to install and/or repair home and/or small business standard HSI or networking products.
· Analyzes and troubleshoots technical problems or issues.
· Reviews and discusses service order requirements and equipment requests with customers
· Determines total line quality to customer’s facilities
· Evaluating customers’ broadband needs and suggests additional/alternative service as appropriate.
· Read and interprets customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps blueprints, diagrams, etc. and performs specified work. Includes POTS, HSI, jack work, inside wiring, etc.
· Interfaces with customer throughout premise visit.
· Works with telecom color-coded wires and cables.