|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Estimator in the Evansville, IN area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Responsible for the record keeping of company’s FTTH network in a Geographic Information System (GIS) database. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, cost estimates analysis for commercial and MDU projects, drafting, corrections to fiber network designs, generating construction reports, and consolidating information from various sources to determine suitability of a given area for construction. Projects will include expanding our fiber into commercial buildings and MDUs, and augmenting our network in areas where demand exceeds our current capabilities.
OSP Estimator Description:
• Develop / design layouts of fiber optic networks to service MDUs and businesses.
• Research existing network for ability to service new installations and expansion areas.
• Create rough design of network augmentation, building entry and splicing documents for fiber network design.
• Generate a Bill of Materials (BOM) estimate from a design.
• Assist with cost estimates for new projects.
• Assist with the high-level Google Earth design
• Support the review and development of the automated design software.
• Update GIS database with information from as-built construction maps
OSP Estimator Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience (Fiber Engineer)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Minimum 2 years field experience or the equivalent.
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings for research and augmentation purposes
• Attention to detail
• Ability to keep commitments to team members, field personnel, and other departments
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.