|This is an opportunity to join one of New Jersey’s most successful telecommunications services companies. This newly created position will be an integral part of our operations team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
Established in 2008, ASG Inc. is quickly becoming a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction and data services solutions. ASG has operations in thirteen US locations in addition to our two offices in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the Telecommunications, IT and Software Development sector. We believe that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to thrive, and we think it’s important to provide an exciting and vibrant place to work.
Job Title: Inside Plant (ISP) Installation Technician IV / COE Installer IV
Reports To: Construction Project Manager
Responsible for placing new technology equipment in commercial telecommunication sites, including installing rack and stacked equipment, reading, and understanding job specifications, running, and testing fibers, placing timing and Ethernet leads, delivery and loading and unloading materials. Running power cables to a designated power bay. Installation may also include Ground wire, Ladder rack, Fiber Guide, MDF, FDF, switches, routers, and related cabling. Under minimal supervision, the Level IV installer will perform a wide variety of field activities ranging from intermediate to advanced system work including installing, maintaining, and servicing telecommunication equipment for a variety of carriers. The Installer should possess a clear understanding of MCI/WorldCom/VZB Central Office Installation / CO Installation and Quality Standards contained in Verizon IP72202 Iss 5-1 core standards. May oversee the work of less experienced installers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and practice all safety procedures in compliance with ASG, OSHA, and customer standards.
• Operate as lead installer on all types of installation projects.
• Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs).
• Create and manage method of procedures (MOPs)
• Run multiple cable types including coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission.
• Use a variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures Lacing, stitching, sewing cables.
• Terminate DC power, rectifiers, PDUs, BDFB/BDCBBs, inverters, converters, raycaps and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks.
• Clean and scope fiber connectors, Document light levels and other readings with job specific testing equipment.
• Knowledge of the operation of manual and power tools, along with the ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for the given task.
• Capability to survey and measure equipment space.
• Install ironwork (ladder rack) cable paths, horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems and create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design.
• Test and evaluate systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
• Complete detailed documents of work performed and provide daily status updates.
• Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
• Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling.
• Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables (to include twisted pair cable,coax) including 48VDC power cables.
• Performs and prepares timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Maintains a satisfactory compliance with customer.
• Reports any issues that may arise as well as a daily project status report to Manager and PM.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Installation of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) at customer facing locations within the customers premise while delivering world class CPE and Network Telecommunication services.
• In some cases, may require roof top installation with certain satellite equipment. This equipment could consist of wired and wireless routers, network switches, internet/VoIP access gateways, phones systems, modems, hubs, satellite equipment, antennas, uninterruptable power sources (UPS).
• Equipment testing to/from CPE or CSU/DSU utilizing various test sets such as, volt/ohm/amp meter, optical loss test set, fiber scope, bit error rate test set, CAT 5/6 cable tester, etc.
• Ability to load operating software to CPE.
• Extend category 5 & 6 signal wiring from the equipment room to suites, offices, control rooms, etc. up to 150 feet.
• Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
• Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training).
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the phases of product installation.
• Familiar with Verizon IP72202 installation standards.
• Experience with MCI/WorldCom/VZB.
• Experience installing major OEM equipment like Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Fujitsu Flashwave 9500, Coriant hiT 7300, Cisco ASR, etc.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good customer facing skills.
• Proficient using various computer equipment such as laptops, tablets, etc.
• Knowledgeable with various software platforms
• Ability to adapt to changing environments.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, AS or BS degree in technical field preferred
• Valid state driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Willing to learn new technologies.
• Must be safety oriented.
• Ability to climb ladders to a height of 10 feet.
• Must be able to work independently in a professional manner and appearance at customer facing facilities.
• Ability to pass background check.
Primarily inside telecommunication huts or data centers
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to work outdoors on ladders, and in confined spaces
Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, climb, lift, pull and push.
Non- Exempt – Hourly
“ASG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. ASG strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.”
Job Types: Part-time, Contract