|*Remote work! Must be based in the US!
Job Summary: This is an office/field position for a person who has a high level of experience (3-5 years) in AutoCAD
2015 or newer as well as an intermediate level (1 to 2 years) of telecom design experience to include OSP, fiber, Macro, and Micro(small cell).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Create and modify AutoCAD drawings based on construction & field sketches.
• Incorporate company CAD standards and methodologies.
• Perform field visits to gather data (10%-25% of total time will be dedicated to this task).
• Assist with obtaining TxDOT, city, or other reviewing agency permits.
• Consult with Engineering Director, Regional Manager, and Service Line Director.
• Review drawings prepared by field technicians.
• Perform miscellaneous (delivering drawings to reviewing agencies, making phone calls to check on status of drawings submitted for review, etc..) job-related duties as assigned.
• Have AutoCAD Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
• Know how to import and work with GIS files.
• Have related experience in wireless telecom industry (A&E) acquiring permits and/or creating construction drawings.
• Have minimum 3 years’ experience in AutoCAD 2015 or newer.
• Create original AutoCAD drawings with minimal direction.
• Understand and read construction, shop, and design drawings.
• Understand materials, specifications, field and construction practices, fabrication, and codes relevant to telecom engineering.
• Have excellent communication and math skills.
• Have working knowledge of MS Office(Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Must be flexible and willing to adapt to change.
• Must pass a drug screening.
• Lift 10-30 pounds.
• Willing to work outside (10-25% of total time) for data capture
• Travel (10-20% of time)
• Having experience with U/G and Aerial communications theory is preferred.
• Having 3D Modeling experience is a plus.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Must have valid driver’s license.