ARCHITECTURE & ENGINEERING (A&E) MANAGER
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie Management, LLC is currently seeking an A&E Manager to work in the Mobilitie Tech and App Center to join our team and reporting to the Network Real Estate Director. The A&E Manager will be responsible for managing the A&E team. Coordinates between different internal and external disciplines. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and team members. Manages a team to produce architectural designs and documents to support the Engineering and Operations groups. Position is based in Chicago, IL and may require some travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees day-to-day teams of A&E specialists
- Oversees the organization, staffing, deliverables and operational activities for A&E in a particular region
- Trains and develops personnel in the effective use of A&E tools, products, and procedures and delivers training
- Ensures that cost, schedules and quality objectives of the market are achieved
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, attending site design meetings and visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary
- Manages vendors to ensure compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections
- Coordinates with vendors to prepare construction documentation, structural analysis, charts, forms and records as needed
- Analyzes and red lines construction drawings/documents
- Maintains and updates site tracker and database, ordering, and driving dates from A&E teams
- Collaborates with Logistics team to ensure A&E specifications are met in ordering equipment, as necessary
- Ensures all A&E documents comply with procedures and instructions according to design specifications and quantity of required materials
- Reviews technical implications of design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors; building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited university
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
- Three or more (3-5+) years of experience related to architectural design and engineering concepts or vendor management in the wireless telecommunications, construction, and/or utility industry
- Three or more (3-5+) years of experience working with technical or construction drawings
- Demonstrated ability to work through the entire process and display proven problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Strong communications skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently yet within a team context
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with intermediate level of experience with Excel
Mobilitie offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!