Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie is currently seeking a Quality Manager reporting to the Director of Construction Standards. The Quality Manager is responsible for implementing, collecting and monitoring quality metrics for Mobilitie’s deployment programs and vendor deliverables for those programs. Position is based in Chicago, IL and minimal travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a quality control strategy plan including program management functions supporting a national operation
- Manages charter, SLA’s, KPI’s, rules, tools and personnel for quality
- Ensures compliance with Mobilitie SOW, Checklists, Installation Guides, and OEM requirements
- Develops site audit programs leveraging internal and external resources throughout the US
- Responsible for data collection and the maintenance of company QMS (Quality Management System) that supports continuous improvement in processes, procedures, and work standards
- Recommends improvement, corrective action plans, and may recommend vendor selection based on quality performance results. Where deviations from planned installation are found, Quality team will evaluate the change for possible process improvement or vendor corrections
- Chairs and documents weekly QC meetings and provides quality dashboards for each vendor and to provide comparative analysis for all vendors across the US.
- Provides QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conducts preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work.
- Verifies and documents that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
- Advises the management team on key quality issues and makes recommendations on important business decisions, risks and threats
- Ensures quality control of all delivery of services including substantive and back-office work
- Set operational and / or performance goals for the department which are aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals
- Establishes and monitors performance reporting systems
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-7+ years’ experience in quality management for construction
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is preferred
- Ability to professionally represent the company verbally, in writing, and in person to clients, associates and all others that may have contact with.
- Ability to effectively work with a team to achieve project goals.
- Ability to make own decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes.
- Excellent communicator and author of reports for quality control documentation
- Strong Knowledge of construction technologies, quality activities and quality auditing.
- Ability to read and understand engineering design drawings, specifications, and applicable technical instructions, plans and reports.
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with intermediate level of experience with Excel
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
The ideal candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills with the instinctive ability to be adaptable to an ever-changing environment. The candidate must also be available for occasional overtime and must have an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
Mobilitie offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, send your resume including salary requirements to Mobilitie.com!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
E.O.E. M/F/V/H Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!