Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions through our professional services organization, Mobilitie’s Advanced Technology Group is now servicing our IT and Engineering enterprise clients, building innovative technical solutions to deliver optimal results with our consultative and customer centric approach.
At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity to join the Advanced Technology Group for a rewarding career with the unique opportunity to work on large enterprise projects from infrastructure, big data and cloud engineering to new product development, mobile development and responsive design at our Fortune 500 clients. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join our growing team and we want to catapult your career!
Our Advanced Technology Group at Mobilitie is currently seeking an Equipment Engineer to join our enterprise client on Equipment Engineering of RF Designs a long-term project. Responsible for Engineering, Design, and procurement for macro, small cell, and in-building requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for Engineering, Design, and procurement for macro, small cell, and in-building requirements. He/She will be responsible for Equipment Engineering of RF Designs for all assigned Macro Sites. Specific responsibilities include:
- Determining, ordering, and overseeing the integration of equipment for cell sites, including cell equipment, antennas, coax, power systems, batteries, transport interconnect equipment, fiber optic cable and other miscellaneous items required for cellular engineering and operations.
- Work closely with all groups within the Network team including RF Design, Real Estate, Construction, Operations, Facilities, System Performance and the Area Planning team.
- Manage vendors to meet targeted network milestones and turn-up dates.
- Provide input for budget and overall planning
- Work within the financial constraints of allocated budget
- Project management of new technologies/services in the region related to cell site engineering and operations.
- Attend frequent project update meetings to present current status of pending and ongoing projects.
- Adopt current methods/procedures for equipment tracking and inventory control
- Consistently work to improve processes that assist in communication and coordination with other network teams
- Must integrate well as member of the Verizon Wireless network team; coworkers, vendors, and customers
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant Equipment Engineering experience on Macro sites
- Candidate needs to have strong analytical skills. Must be able to be proficient in Excel. Good organizational
- Knowledge of cellular network architecture
- Knowledge of DC power systems used in telecommunications environment
- Knowledge of Nokia (fAlcatel Lucent) base station equipment a plus
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
<>Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!