|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Project Controls Manager in the Lansing, MI area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Reporting to the Vice President of Construction, the Controls Manager is responsible for drafting, managing, and maintaining project related contracts, creating and maintaining the project schedule, material/equipment/service bidding and procurement, monitoring the financial health of the project and developing reporting structures and reports to the Vice President of Construction, Sr. Company Management and the Customer.
OSP Project Controls Manager Description:
• Prepare, distribute, and evaluate project related RFP’s/RFQ’s.
• Develop and draft scopes of work in conjunction with other departments
• Administration of subcontracts and subcontractor agreements, which includes, but is not limited to, subcontractor bid review and selection, monitory and providing direction in accordance with the project schedule.
• Contract compliance management/assurance.
• Maintain and manage Contractor and Professional Engineering Agreement files
• Monitor and maintain daily production reports and update the project schedules and reports accordingly.
• Monitor the progression of the projects as it relates to the project schedule.
• Utilize job cost accounting techniques; create project budgets, monitor actual results, and report project results.
• Complete and submit required reports, which include, but are not limited to, financial forecasts, project schedule updates, and project progress reports.
• Secure and protect company resources.
• Assume leadership role within the Project team.
• Maintain day-to-day communication with the Vice President of Construction.
• Produce quality results in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Represent the company professionally and ethically while performing daily tasks.
• Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and those of direct reports.
• Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
• Assist in other duties as needed and directed.
OSP Project Controls Manager Qualifications:
• A BS/BA degree in construction management, civil or electrical engineering preferred but not required.
• Strong financial reporting skills
• Extensive experience project-related material and services procurement.
• Four or more years of telecommunications construction experience or an acceptable equivalent required.
• Familiarity with project management tools and applications, telecommunications engineering and construction methodologies
• Familiarity with project management tools and applications, telecommunications engineering and construction methodologies.
• Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
• Ability to comprehend and complete complex instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate the English language verbally and in writing.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, customers, co-workers, and general public.
• Ability to cooperatively work with other members of project teams.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.