Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie Management, LLC is currently seeking a Permitting Director in the South Region team. This position will be responsible for managing large scale permitting efforts across a region and assisting the VP of Network Real Estate in the development of network infrastructure. The Director will manage a geographically dispersed team that performs localized permitting activities necessary to support execution of large scale infrastructure programs. The Director will team with the NRE “MTAC” Director to execute right of way and pole attachment entitlement and permitting processes with a combination of internal and outsourced resources. Assist in developing right-of-way related agreements secured on behalf of the company, including the acquisition, relinquishment and modification of easements, fee land purchases, franchise & permit rights, encroachments resolution and the settlements of damage claims. Position is based in the South and will require some travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies jurisdictional requirements for permitting and compliance of network and utility infrastructure.
- Develops jurisdiction level strategies and action plans to drive high-volume permitting processes
- Drives weekly, monthly and quarterly production metrics within Permitting Teams.
- Teams with Government Relations, Legal, RF, and Network Real Estate leaders to develop solutions and strategies.
- Secures jurisdictional permits necessary for the construction and maintenance of network and utility infrastructure
- Negotiates the acquisition of right-of-way and other property interests, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, maintenance of company facilities, in such a manner to minimize litigation
- Negotiates property damage settlements and loss claims associated with operations necessary to maintain facilities
- Prepares right-of-way related cost estimates associated with land and right-of-way project acquisition
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes, interprets all Land and Right-of-Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits & licenses
- Serves as liaison between internal departments, developers, cities, counties, etc., in support of right-of-way activities
- Resolves encroachments, damage claims, landowner complaints and inquiries at a minimal cost to company
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to hiring and managing third party land agents for projects and assistance with ROW activities, and financials, including budgets, forecasts, reports, progressions and risk assessments
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's preferred, MBA or JD a plus
- Seven or more (7+) years of executive level leadership in utility and right of way processes. Experience with wireless and small cell deployments preferred
- Must have a minimum of four to five (4-5) years of experience in performing all aspects of land and right-of-way, with a minimum of 3 years direct experience in a related industry
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of right-of-way, including project management, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, operation, due diligence, public relations, community outreach and solid understanding of general regulatory and legal issues
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!