DIRECTOR OF UTILITY
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie Management, LLC is currently seeking a Utility Director to join our team in Atlanta, GA reporting to the Area Vice President. The Utility Director will be responsible for establishing KPIs, processes and procedures for utility coordination and delivery. Position is based in Atlanta, GA and minimal travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements utility delivery strategy, including program management function, supporting a national program with 700 utility providers
- Establishes processes and procedures for utility coordination and delivery and ensures best practices are being followed across the construction program and various regions
- Develops a utility strategy plan, including program management functions, supporting a national operation
- Manages charter, SLA’s, KPI’s, rules, tools and personnel for utility planning, delivery coordination and billing
- Ensures utility management resources are managing the profit & loss, job cost, cash flow, contract deliverables, and increase asset yield for all of their assigned projects
- Ensures utility management resources keep customers informed of project progress, issues and projected completion dates
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of utility contracts and utility expectations
- Monitors project status and ensures system data is accurate, timely, and complete
- Advises the management team on key planning issues and makes recommendations on important business decisions, risks and threats
- Works in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of functional, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions
- Ensures quality control of all delivery of utility services
- Sets operational and / or performance goals for the department which are aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals
- Establishes and monitor performance reporting systems
- Monitors program performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made
- Trains and develops personnel in the effective use of tools, products, and procedures and delivers training
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Eight to Ten (8-10)+ years of related experience with utility, power, or transmission companies
- Eight to Ten (8-10)+ years of related program leadership experience with fiber/IP/wireless, top tier National Carrier and/or OEM for DAS deployments
- Experience as a new business agent for a power company, commercial PM for the power company or experience with power ordering for cellular buildouts
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and across widely varying stakeholders in an organization
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), as position requires communication with senior executives on a regular basis; results oriented, problem solving individual
- Strong project management experience and a commitment to quality and cost consciousness
- PMP, SCRUM, Agile or other project/program management certification preferred
- Executive presence, strong Interpersonal and Verbal Communication Skills
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!