|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineering Manager in the Chicago, IL area. You must have a PE license.
The incumbent will oversee and complete all the engineering required for the implementation of the project configuration, testing and acceptance. The incumbent must understand the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the company and direct the execution of all aspects of engineering, permitting, construction, and final acceptance with those in mind.
OSP Engineering Manager Description:
• Supervises and completes all detailed engineering for projects including technical documents, drawings, scopes of work, and specifications. Ensures that the engineering complies with the requirements of the prime contract.
• Interprets building architecture, mechanical and electrical drawings, and makes recommendations for installing equipment and materials in coordination with building management, the owner, and the applicable jurisdictions.
• Manages the preparation and submittal of contract deliverables such as engineering drawings, final acceptance documentation, and turnover packages.
• Reviews system design and component compatibility. Exercises cost analysis procedures and value engineering for components in the project, creating opportunities for cost reduction and margin increases.
• Attends meetings with clients, permitting officials and others for the purpose of providing project status and information, establishing guidelines, developing and maintaining schedules, etc.
• Ensures that all required permits and rights-of-way are acquired in a timely manner.
• Manages the material requisition process and coordinates with vendors for timely completion of contracts.
• As necessary, oversees the scheduling and production of the CADD department for the preparation of all drawings required for the project.
• Evaluates new job prospects through direct customer contact, site evaluations followed by estimates and proposal preparation.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OSP Engineering Manager Qualifications:
• BS degree in civil engineering, electrical engineering or related field with five to ten years of experience in the telecommunications and microwave communications environment with training on multiple vendor communications equipment.
• Professional Engineering license required.
• Past supervisory experience in a construction or operations background a definite plus.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor Smith at 615.915.3119.