Support engineering services through the highly-detailed collection of information from job sites.
• Providing accurate measurements for lengths of cables and providing accurate stationing
• Identification of potential obstructions
• Noting any foreseeable issues with neighborhoods, general roadblocks or possible unsafe conditions
• Take photographs of unusual situations
• Notes must assist engineering to detect any design issues in aerial, buried, and underground fiber or copper cable facilities
• Must have working knowledge knowing how to identify Power, CATV, and ATT cable structures CenturyLink, Windstream, or Frontier or other regulated provider.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or equivalent required, AS or BS degree in technical field preferred
• Experienced in the use of office productivity tools; Microsoft Office Suite and Google Earth
• Proficiency in reading maps, blueprints or technical drawings
• Experience conducting site surveys preferred
• Experience with measuring tools; laser, height stick , pull finder and measuring wheel preferred
• Understanding of General Order 95
• Understanding of National Electric Safety Code
• Knowledge of OSP construction and engineering techniques
• Problem-solving skills
• Well organized
• Must be safety-oriented
• Legible handwriting required
• Ability to learn quickly and apply newly learned skill set in a field environment
• Ability to locate telecommunications and other utility facilities which may be in buried, underground in conduit, or aerial environment
Valid State Driver’s License
• Significant driving in suburban-type environments
• Will be outdoors in all kinds of weather
• Requires walking up to several miles per day on improved and unimproved surfaces
• Ability to work alone for the majority of the day
• Potential occasional overnights
These positions pay hourly and units.
These are contract positions.