|TelForce Group is looking for an Aerial Lineman/Digger Derrick Operator in the Louisville, KY & Nashville, TN markets.
Position consists of operation of digger derrick for pole line construction. Pole Truck Operators can operate a variety of equipment, used in installation/repair/maintenance activities associated with aerial & underground utilities, in a safe and effective manner.
Aerial Lineman/Digger Derrick Operator Description:
• Safely operates trenching or digging equipment on jobsite which may include but not limited to the following: Digger Derrick Truck, Plow, Chain Trencher, Backhoe / Excavator, Rock Saw, Dozer / Lead Tractor, Tractor Trailer (Moving Equipment / Haul Water)
• Restores and/or landscapes disturbed areas of the jobsite
• Dig pits, trenches or potholes as directed by job plan including windows when crossing utilities
• Responsible for the site set-up and clean-up
• Using I-Pad Taking the correct pictures before & after work as per Client requirements
• Doing proper pre trip requirements on vehicle
• Load and unload tools, materials and equipment on truck
• Will be involved in new site Job Safety Analysis – JSA prior to starting construction
• Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones and safety barriers and at times flagging traffic.
• May be required to work overtime; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or be on-call as needed to ensure work is completed
Aerial Lineman/Digger Derrick Operator Qualifications:
• Must be experienced with Digger Derrick Truck and Digging/trenching equipment and understand their capabilities and limitations
• Previous pole line construction or utility construction experience
• CDL required
• Basic ability to use small tools/hand tools
• Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules and operating instructions
• Must be able to proficiently use locators to safely identify utilities
• Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Must be very safety conscientious
• Must be able to effectively communicate with crew, customers and vendors
• Ability to climb up and down ladders, machinery and other objects
• Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. as needed with or without assistance
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.