DAS OPERATIONS ENGINEER
Newport Beach CA, Chicago IL or Atlanta GA
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie is currently seeking a DAS Operations Engineer reporting to the Director of Operations. This position will be responsible for managing third party vendors and contractors to maintain and resolve DAS equipment. Troubleshooting DAS network alarms, performing preventative maintenance and completing acceptance inspections prior to on-air status are key functions of this role.
Pls note: we are not able to offer sponsorship (H1b, OPT, other) at this time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and mange third party vendors and contractors for maintenance activities and site inspections
- Trouble-shoot DAS network alarms and issues to resolution (remote and on-site) includes replacing faulty equipment
- Ensure all preventive maintenance are performed: (HVAC, Fire Suppression System, Outdoor remote fan clean, DAS Software upgrade)
- Support deployment new DAS installation and perform acceptance inspection prior to on-air
- Interface and maintain good working relationship with wireless operators technical team
- Responsible for DAS equipment inventory and spares for all DAS systems
- Establish, document, and maintain DAS operations standards and practices
- Establish and adhere to Service Level Agreements with wireless operators
- Guide and train new NOC and Tier1 engineers/Technicians
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of three to six (3-6) years of experience in DAS deployment / Operations / Construction /Engineering function
- Experience with DAS OEM equipment trouble shooting and RF Performance related issues
- Ability to read and understand iBwave design, construction drawings, close out package data as it relates to DAS system
- Applicant should have excellent communication skills, be a self-starter and make independent decisions
- Travel up to 40%
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!