|TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Splicer or Coax Splicer in the Mid-Atlantic (MD, N. VA, and DC) market. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Coax/Fiber Splicer will be responsible for performing tasks associated with the aerial and underground electronic upgrade and splicing of fiber and coaxial cable for cable television systems in an outside plant environment. Main skills needed are coax and/or fiber splicing, along with CATV outside power supply preventative maintenance and repair.
Fiber/Coax Splicer Description:
• Testing, tuning and balancing equipment in order to troubleshoot a service line
• Repair or splice in new lines as needed to complete the testing
• Place and install required fiber or coax cable when necessary
• Install all passive and active devices and coax splice cases required to house CATV equipment per customer requirements
• Troubleshooting and repair of existing Fiber or Coax line and line equipment
• Read and understand site plans, maps and diagrams needed to support the project
• Splicer overhead and underground fiber/coaxial cables
Fiber/Coax Splicer Qualifications:
• Must have at least one (1) year of fiber splicing experience
• 3+ year of telecommunication construction experience strongly preferred
• 3+ year of experience in splicing, balancing and documenting CATV systems strongly preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word)
• Demonstrated leadership skills required
• Ability to climb poles, ladders, and use bucket trucks as needed
• Ability to work on call, evenings and weekends as needed
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.