REGIONAL DIRECTOR, NETWORK OPERATIONS
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
Mobilitie is currently seeking a Regional Director of Network Operations to join our team in Atlanta reporting to the VP of Network Operations. The Vice President of Network Operations will be the business owner and subject matter expert on Network Operations. The Operations Director will align to national standards, scopes, and MOP for network commissioning and operations. Responsibilities include managing the regional operations team to design, develop, implement and maintain exceptional networks. Also responsible to support and align to key SLAs and KPIs to meet and exceed client expectations. Position is based in-region and will require some travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees complex System Preparation & Design for small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems within the region
- Leads region team to work with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for control systems; creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Oversees Network Operations Regional team members who: verify point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance
- Oversees Region Project Site Communication and Coordination through team members: Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems
- Oversees Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance through team members: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Five to seven or more (5-7+) years of experience with high volume wireless or wireline operations
- Five to seven or more (5-7+) years of progressive management experience in network operations
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
- Demonstrated history of identifying and resolving a wide range of network issues in imaginative and practical ways, as well as exercising good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Experience with latest technologies such as small cells, carrier aggregation and spectrum sharing, and associated vendor offerings
- Experience in understanding how interactions between LTE and pre-existing 3G network elements affect the performance of DAS networks
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!