This position is responsible for the “on site" management of all SBA sites within their assigned geographic area by ensuring that these towers are continually marketed and in compliance with industry standards. Support interdepartmental objectives which include preventative and remedial maintenance, lighting and monitoring, building and grounds upkeep, and installation. Responsible for performing audits as required by local, district, area and Corporate or regulatory agencies. Responsible for the quality of data about SBA’s assets and completes the collection and maintenance of data about the physical assets to ensure accurate, up to date database of these assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure structural integrity and regulatory compliance for all assigned assets. Inform Area Operations Director of asset management issues.
• Perform and record site inspections in accordance with FAA/FCC and Safety regulations. Identify, document and ensure any site discrepancies are corrected in a timely manner and reported to management.
• Complete and submit accurate Tenant Installation Notices into Mobile Manager within 24-48 hours of confirmed install date.
• Perform routine site audits to ensure tenant compliance per the lease agreement, complete site summaries within 24 hours of lease execution.
• Manage the timely resolution of trouble tickets, including the dispatch of contractors to diagnose and resolve issues in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local rules and regulations and act as an operational acceptance point of contact for new equipment installs on all sites.
• Manage efficient repair, maintenance, inspection, security and operation of all tower assets within assigned area. Issues include but are not limited to; alarm monitoring instruments and lighting units.
• Ensure proper visibility and escalate major hazards which present safety or structural integrity issues to Sr. RSM.
• Respond and resolve any tower damage caused by natural disaster or falls. Provide immediate support service during emergency issues and incident response situations
• Provide update/ revisions to CADD drawings as needed or as site details change.
• Manage Notice to Proceed (NTP) process by tracking tower modification (MOD) schedules, approving NTP start dates and issuing NTPs on all new leases and amendments.
• Perform A&E and Pre and Post construction walks on all new leases and amendments ensuring the proper installation of equipment.
• Respond to inquiries and concerns of Ground Owners, Tenants, Vendors, and municipalities and contractors. Resolve any issues that may arise.
• Maintain a good and professional working relationship with Ground owners, Managers and Public officials.
• Collect and track site information such as Fiber, Generators, Lighting systems and monitoring systems.
• Responsible for M&A trackers, work with corporate to ensure quick transition to SBA control, including by not limited to site upgrades (fencing, tower painting and lighting control and replacement, etc.), and tower light conversation to NOCC.
• Responsible for maintaining company vehicle in accordance with DOT and Fleet department standards.
• On an as needed basis, maybe required to perform Colocation RSM responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
o Manage co-lo approvals, disapprovals, A&E site walks, pre and post construction site inspections, drop and swaps and tower enhancements in assigned territory.
o Manage the structural engineering and tower and foundation process. Including schedules of projects, providing update reports and tenant/ application timelines and processing invoices/ POs.
o Manage Structural POR’s and communication in relation to Structurals, Modification Designs and Structural Modifications with Engineering Firm and vendors for delivery of documents to ensure NTP requirements are met prior to issuance of NTP (including but not limited to coordination of Structural Modifications with Engineering Firm & Vendor for proposed Vendor install).
o Prepare and order PO requests for PE letters, structural analysis reports, tower/foundation modification drawings & tower/foundation enhancements, geotechnical reports, foundation investigations and tower mappings.
o Reviews all documentation to issue an NTP including construction drawings, building permits, certificates of insurance & the scope of work.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• This position is responsible for identifying qualified vendors/subcontractors and planning, scheduling, coordinating, and approving their work.
• Oversee projects that tenants are implemented on a system wide basis. Making sure that contractors and vendors perform in a responsible and safe manner while on site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience:
• High School Diploma/ GED required.
• BA/BS strongly preferred.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in the Wireless Communications industry, field experience preferred.
• Two (2) or more years of field operations experience working with site maintenance and repair. Site Maintenance and repair work to include but not limited to vegetation, access roads, tower lighting systems or similar systems required.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in wireless site construction management preferred.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Two (2) years of general office administrative experience strongly preferred.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to work with MS Office suite and database applications.
• Travel required, including some overnight.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, and tenant and ground owner lease language.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/ or governmental regulations.
• Effective written and oral communications skills required
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates/ Licenses/ Registrations:
• Valid Driver’s License required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to stoop and bend.
• Ability to stand, walk and sit.
• Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
• Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
• Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
• Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to take professional photographs that will be used as reference proof of completed work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exposure to outdoor weather conditions the majority of the time.
• Occasional exposure to:
• wet and humid conditions.
• extreme cold (non weather) and extreme heat (non weather).
• fumes or airborne particles, with toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Risk of electrical shock.
• Moderate noise level but can be loud at times.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.