|TelForce Group is looking for a Telecom CAD Drafter in the Omaha, NE area. Will consider someone to work remote.
Ideal candidate is an ambitious individual who is an experienced GIS Analyst/CAD Drafter. Candidate will leverage computer aided design and mapping systems (Geographic Information Systems (GIS) based) to prepare Outside Plant (OSP) design drawings for permit submittals and project deliverables for fiber communications projects. The GIS Analyst/CAD Technician will be skilled in utilizing AutoCAD Map, Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) compliant Geographic Information System (GIS) Fiber Management and Project tools such as ArcGIS/FM, 3GISLive and/or other GIS Fiber Management software for managing all OSP design information. The GIS Analyst/CAD Technician must be capable of drafting clear, detailed, and complete drawings with accurate detail that incorporates permitting ordinances, design inputs, sketches, field notes, and must be able to comprehend, interpret, and render verbal inputs from the field teams as required.
Telecom CAD Drafter Description:
• Drafting clear, detailed, and complete drawings with accurate detail that incorporates permitting ordinances, design inputs, sketches, and field notes.
• Create new base maps and post existing system maps from available records.
• Assist with the preparation of CAD/GIS proposals and scope of work requests.
• Assist with the revision/acceptance of internal CAD/GIS work requests.
• Perform implementation, processing, and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) on updated and new data, as well as compile metadata.
• Create, translate and integrate GIS data layers, and digitize new data using a variety of software.
• Coordinate with other technicians and analysts in various data development, update, and project support initiatives.
• Provide technical expertise and support to groups, personnel, and users in GIS and data efforts.
• Complete special requests for various groups by utilizing existing data, analyzing results, and produce reports, maps, and supporting documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned Participates in engineering, permit and construction processes.
• Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, etc. ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook).
• Provide Marketing and Pre-Sales support, generating maps and solutions for network and proposal opportunities.
• Continuously updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Work with management to schedule work and manage workload to meet customer and Company expectations.
• Other duties as defined.
Telecom CAD Drafter Qualifications:
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline or related experience. An Associate’s Degree in Drafting and Design Technology is desired.
• The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in OSP design, various GIS products and AutoCAD Map.
• GISP certification is a plus.
• Expertise using GIS software products, especially ESRI.
• Expertise using AutoCAD software products, especially AutoCAD Map.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods related to GIS.
• Working knowledge of GIS techniques such as map production, editing, and geocoding.
• Graphics capabilities including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
• Experience working within an OSP Engineering environment.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, MS Project.
• Working knowledge of Commercial Standards, National Electric Safety Code (NESC), RUS Requirements, State and Local requirements, Telcordia (formally Bellcore), RUS, BICSI, and commercial “best” practices applicable to the contract.
• Demonstrated customer relationship and people skills.
• Demonstrated excellent communications skills (written, verbal and presentation).
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.