|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Field Engineer to work remotely from the Los Angeles, CA area. This is a contract-to-hire position. Position is remote from home with travel to sites to conduct field work.
The OSP Field Engineer functions in a technician capacity, working primarily in the field, to gather data for engineering and design of aerial, underground, and buried fiber optic facilities. This position requires frequent travel around suburban Los Angeles Metro and occasionally other metro areas. Although this position predominantly involves field work, it will also require completion of administrative tasks as required by project leadership. Under close supervision, performs basic functions requiring technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverable. Evaluates methods used to accomplish the drafting and/or design activities.
OSP Field Engineer Description:
• Field work- take pictures, measurements, document existing facilities and obtain design information in preparation for OSP network design
• Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures
• Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
• Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
• May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
• Focuses on the needs of internal clients while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers
• Other duties as assigned
OSP Field Engineer Qualifications
• Prior OSP/ISP or Fiber data collection/site walk experience required
• 1-2 years of fiber/utility field and site walk experience
• ARAMIS experience a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
• Ability to travel overnight on occasion
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.