|Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
• Manages multiple projects. • Serves as main client interface which includes providing reports and attending status meetings.
• For new-build projects, responsible for managing site acquisition activities from initial search ring release through Notice to Proceed (NTP).
• For site modification projects, responsible for managing site acquisition activities from leasing and zoning audit through NTP.
• Provides leadership and develops professional career growth opportunities within the Site Acquisition team.
• Assist Proposal Manager with the response to RFPs, RFIs, bids, and other project proposal documents.
• Prepares or reviews reports, forms, correspondence, e-mail messages, logs, budget documents, group goals and objectives. • Establishes project policies and procedures. • Implements strategies and priorities to meet client goals..
• Provides training and supervision to the Site Acquisition team. • Supervises the administration, planning, operations, and work of consultants, subcontractors, and independent contractors • Communicates with team members and other departments regarding project status. • Manages quality control of project documents and deliverables.
• Attends or directs field site visits for candidate and engineering viability. • In complex cases, interviews zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements.
• Reviews collocation applications and submittals. • Manages the Site Acquisition Specialists as they coordinate with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as project scope defines. • Monitors and tracks progress on all open projects. • Reviews and approves payment of vendor and subcontractor invoices. • Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients.
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned. • Manages the verification of Enhanced 911 addressing. • Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. List supervised positions: Site Acquisition Associates and Specialists (ADM Levels 1-4).
Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience. Requires 7 years telecommunications industry experience; 3 years site acquisition and land use experience; 2 years supervisory and/or vendor management experience; real estate, sales, or legal negotiation experience (required).
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
Highly prefer candidate with Transmission Line ROW Acquisition experience. Law degree or Urban Planning degree preferred.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills • Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills • Ability to provide audits for quality control of project and site specific documentation
• Real estate, or legal negotiation experience required
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively • Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and technical drawings
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook • Supports, and complies with the division’s Quality Management System and the Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program.
Prefer Active Real Estate License or law license may be required in certain regions