|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Design Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area.
Functions in a mid-level engineering capacity or technical specialist designing middle mile and last mile fiber optic wireline outside plant. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
OSP Design Engineer Description:
OSP Design production-90%
Fielding Coordination and review 10%
• The OSP Fiber Design Engineering Specialist's primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with the Engineering Manager and the design/engineering team on the production of standards based outside plant design for middle mile and last mile fiber based telecommunications projects.
• Designs are to be based on industry standards, current engineering practices and client requirements/guidelines
• Produce preliminary, high level and detailed design working with outside plant fielding teams and clients for component selection, routing and network architecture guidelines.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of outside plant designs.
• Monitor and evaluate design quality and scheduled delivery as defined by the Engineering Manager.
• Utilize GIS based systems to perform design documentation such as ARCGIS and 3-GIS.
• Conform to local jurisdiction regulations as required.
• Operate in a safe manner and in accordance with Division safety policies and standards.
• Mentor new engineers during training process.
• Support design process improvement definition and execution.
• Evaluate design for “Value” engineering improvements.
• Communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team.
• Interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
• Develop running line, splice sheets, loss budgets and other BOM related activities.
• Ability to communicate clearly with contractors.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Familiar with make ready process and design impacts.
• Able to support network route planning efforts.
• Maintain project records and files as defined in the Project Execution Manual and as directed by the Engineering Manager.
• Perform red line updates and QC based design modifications.
OSP Design Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Typically a minimum of 3+ years related work experience with OSP/ISP Fiber Design, highly prefer 5+ years related work experience.
• Ideal candidates will have some fiber construction experience or insight in fiber network component design and use.
• Candidates will be experienced in OSP design of fiber optic facilities, in aerial, underground, and buried applications.
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic knowledge of other disciplines
• Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trend
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
• Basic knowledge of procurement & contract administration
• Basic knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
• Basic knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.