|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Chicago, IL area.
Reporting to the Field Construction Process Manager, responsible for analyzing make ready recommendations from pole owners, communicating findings to appropriate parties and approving final make ready recommendation responses. This is to be accomplished while maintaining full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local rules and regulations and company-established standards. The OSP Engineer must thoroughly understand all relevant issues, time-lines and priorities so that key internal and external stakeholders are appropriately identified and involved.
OSP Engineer Description:
• Review and approve make ready on permits before releasing for approval from pole owner
• Compare the aerial design to google to determine proper pole location
• Provide revisions/redlines when changes are required to the preliminary design for corrections
• Complete a make ready response form for cost analysis when changing design from Ariel to Underground
• Complete tracking report for all changes and update make ready tracking sheet on a daily basis
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience in electric utility or communication is required (candidate will need to provide background information on experience and pass an oral interview covering basic knowledge or telecom transmission delivery)
• Associates Degree or 10+ years of field experience is required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Familiarity with Google Earth, Adobe and/or Nuance
• Understand the Installation of Electrical/Communication Requirements per NESC Guideline
• Good Written & Verbal Communication Skills
• Strong Organizational and Prioritization Skills
• Priority & Deadline Driven
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.