|TelForce Group is looking for a Civil Engineering Market Lead in the Las Vegas, NV area.
Civil Engineering Market Lead Description:
Vendor Management is 40%
Plan Review/production-Site Solutions 30%
Budget Management is 20%
Site Walks is 10%
The Market Lead Engineering Specialist’s primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with the Engineering Manager and the design/engineering team on the production of high quality deliverables on telecommunications projects, in accordance with engineering practices and Divisional policies.
Additionally, the Engineering Specialist will:
1. Help lead the delivery of work products and services to our Client’s satisfaction.
2. Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Site Acquisition personnel, and Construction Managers in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule, and quality goals.
3. Help manage and administrate Vendor Purchase Orders and approve invoices for 3rd Party A/E services for all projects.
4. Develop good working relationships and communications with the Engineering Manager, Site Acquisition personnel, Construction Managers, Client representatives and Engineering Vendors.
Responsibilities identified herein define the minimum expectations for the position of Engineering Specialist:
Keep the Engineering Manager, Market A/E team, Site Acquisition & Construction personnel fully advised as to progress of the work and any developments involving change in the scope of the contract work or otherwise which could affect the contract requirements and fee and/or Client relationships.
Review the Client’s comments and success parameters and verify that the Client’s concerns are addressed. Check for impact on schedules, budget, and construction cost, and advise of any needed changes.
Monitor and evaluate quality and progress of A&E subcontractor’s work and self-performed work.
Attend Joint-Scoping meetings.
Attend Client review meetings.
Attend Jurisdiction review meetings as required.
Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the project team.
Consult with and advise the Engineering Manager, Site Acquisition and Construction Managers, regarding any questions raised in connection with the work.
Maintain liaison with the Kansas City Production team, Site Acquisition team, and Construction Managers regarding constructability, design, and operations and communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team.
Support the Engineering Manager and market personnel in maintaining contact with the Client to monitor experience with project, Client’s satisfaction, and suggestions.
Records & Project Close-out
Maintain project records and files, in Documentum, SharePoint and Quickbase.
Civil Engineering Market Lead Qualifications:
• Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience, prefer 6+ years Civil Engineering experience.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Wireless Telecom industry experience preferred
• Site plan production/design - site equipment experience
Background in managing processes and working closely with vendors
• AT&T specific wireless/wireline knowledge is highly preferred
• Project Management experience
• Team Leadership experience
• Vendor Management experience
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.