|TelForce Group is looking for a Telecom Utility Superintendent to travel 100% throughout the Midwest. You must live within a Midwest state. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The Superintendent is responsible for leading, overseeing projects, providing direction, leadership and mentoring project site Foreman and crews. The Superintendent assists in all aspects of projects assigned and must have excellent working relationships with crew, foreman, subcontractors, customers and Engineers to ensure safety, quality, productivity and profitability requirements are achieved while meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
Telecom Utility Superintendent Description:
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding all safety, quality and productivity requirements for projects assigned.
• Responsible for project planning and scheduling of projects assigned and taking the appropriate action to meet or beat deadlines.
• Plan in advance to eliminate issues.
• Responsible for actively recruiting new talent, retention of existing employees and promotes career advancement.
• Responsible for documenting and maintain a daily log of project events.
• Responsible for understanding project contracts for projects assigned.
• Manage documents and elevates change orders for approval in a timely manner.
• Recruits and recommends additional subcontractors for approval.
• Approve subcontractors’ units, production, quality, accuracy and inventory.
• Reviews and approves daily time for their crew(s), time reports, invoices, and purchase orders and other required paperwork.
• Responsible for reporting weekly to the Fleet Manager information such as equipment hours, miles, etc.
• Recommends and initiates training and cross training for all personnel in area of responsibility to become experts in their field.
• Manages employee relations and provides recognition, discipline and performance evaluations.
• Ensures daily preventative maintenance is completed per schedules.
• Responsible for accurate redlines/as-builts, production footage and subcontractor management to ensure all projects assigned are on schedule and within budget.
• Responsible for pre-planning mobilization of crews, equipment, subs, materials and other job-related items.
• Identifies, recommends and implements continuous improvement of processes and procedures that will elevate the company as a whole.
• Establishes a positive working relationship with crews, customers and subcontractors.
Telecom Utility Superintendent Qualifications:
• 5+ years of Supervisor experience, preferably within a construction setting
• Demonstrated field experience with digging operations around utilities in rural and urban areas
• 5+ years of prior experience operating utility construction heavy equipment
• General knowledge of utility construction procedures, including print reading
• Familiar with procedures and associated tools and equipment necessary to install underground utilities in the most effective, safe and profitable manor
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.