|TelForce Group is looking for Fiber Splicers in the Miami, FL area. These are contract-to-hire positions.
Fiber Splicer Description:
• Perform splicing of fiber optic cables, both fusion and mechanical, to include terminating various types of connectors.
• Install and test pressurized and non-pressurized enclosures.
• Install and dress fiber optic cables, both vertically and horizontally.
• Test and troubleshoot fiber by utilizing an OTDR.
• Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Fiber Splicer Qualifications:
• A High School Diploma, or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience
• Knowledge of computers and electronics
• Knowledge and practice of safety regulations within OSHA, NESC, and NEC and other construction related guidelines
• Ability to read splicing print and apply color code to print reading
• Ability to distinguish colors
• Ability to use specialty tools
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships
• Ability to clearly communicate instructions to Trainees and others to support training and development
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.