|TelForce Group is looking for an I&R Technician in the Chester, SC area.
Installs and repairs telecommunications (twisted pair) cable and fiber optics.
I&R Technician Description:
• Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing telephone or fiber cables, station protections and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
• Splices cables, measures signal strength using electronic equipment.
• Connects twisted pair Digital Loop Carrier channels to Telephone Distribution cable at the field cross connect or remote office.
• Find and fix twisted pair problems, when troubleshooting or installing.
• Inspect or test lines or cables to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of tools or test equipment.
• Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
• Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
• May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
• May be required to perform duties after normal business hours.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
I&R Technician Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 to 2 years of telecommunications school or equivalent work experience in the installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment.
• Proficient at installing ADTRAN TA5000 equipment.
• Must be able to install, cable and terminate to connecting blocks.
• Ability to test and turn up.
• Must be capable of performing all work activities with minimal supervision or direction.
• Ability to perform all installation activities for the assigned project (power, grounding, labeling, running and forming cables and fibers, installation of equipment, cross-connects).
• Ability to operate and understand all telecom tools to complete projects.
• Understand and follow a Method of Procedures (MOP).
• Assist in migration of Legacy equipment to ADTRAN TA5000.
• Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
• Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of local exchange distribution network facilities.
• Knowledge of company products and services as well as company policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.