|TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Splicer in Kalamazoo, MI area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Fiber Splicer Description:
• Responsible for the terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables within the systems fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency.
• Installing, repairing, maintain, test proofing or adjusting as needed, all fiber optic cables and related equipment
• Climb utility poles and ladders
• Lift and carry equipment that weight at least 75 lbs.
• Use a variety of hand tools
• Work in all types of inclement weather, enter underground facilities and be able to use a shovel to uncover unground closures
• Installing network interface units outdoors on customer premises
• Schedule may include working Saturday, Sunday and nights
Fiber Splicer Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with fiber optic cable technology; formal fiber optic training is desired.
• Performs fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters.
• Provides accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
• Assists the Construction and Engineering departments in accepting and turning up the fiber network.
• Builds bays, racking, jumper ducts and other network elements needed for the installing of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels.
• Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment from Master Control to and through each HUB to the NODE.
• Provision and install media converters for Dedicated Access customers.
• Serve as a technical resource for staff on all fiber related areas and technical procedures. Be available for any on call emergency coverage for fiber restoration year-round.
• Must be able to differentiate color codes
• Must be able to Mid Entry fibers/Split Tubes.
• Must be able to read and understand manufacture’s manuals for operating and repairing of electronic equipment and components.
• Proficient in the operation of all related fiber tools and equipment.
• Must have a working knowledge of design and layout for fiber terminations.
• Must possess a good understanding of fiber documentation and have the ability to assist in laying out new fiber circuits.
• Excellent customer presentation and service skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment and work well under pressure and deadline environments.
• Ability to translate highly technical information to end user customers and staff.
• Act as a customer contact. Interface with customers and local supervisors to clarify project status.
• Learn new equipment software and interfaces to help expand business opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.