|TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Splicer in the Davenport, IA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The purpose of the Fiber Splicer is to be responsible for the terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables within the systems fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency.
Fiber Splicer Description:
• Perform all setup, testing and maintenance required for CPE installation of POTS, DSL and Networking services
• Install and maintain CPE local area networks (LAN) and WiFi networks
• Install and maintain network interface devices (NID) and Optical Network Terminals (ONT)
• Perform skilled troubleshooting from the MDF to the demarcation point including CPE
• Respond to trouble tickets within acceptable company timeframe standards
• Install OSP facilities according to engineered work orders or service orders
• Perform routine preventive maintenance and major repairs to distribution systems
• Perform cable/fiber testing and splicing
• Locate buried copper and fiber optic cabling
• Record and report all record changes immediately
• Complete inventory, replenishes requests as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
Fiber Splicer Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Five plus years in related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Some trade school training is desired
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.