|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Field Engineer in the Cincinnati, OH area. This is for upcoming work.
Responsible for taking pictures, measurements, document existing facilities, and obtain design information in preparation for Fiber network design. Limited Overnight Travel. Will follow the company’s safety policies. Contract with potential to convert to permanent.
OSP Field Engineer Description:
The OSP/ISP Field Engineer functions in a technician capacity, working primarily in the field, to gather data for engineering and design of aerial, underground, and buried fiber optic facilities. This position requires frequent travel around Columbus, OH Metro and occasionally other metro areas. Although this position predominantly involves field work, it will also require completion of administrative tasks as required by project leadership. Based on experience, skill level, and project needs, there is a potential for this position to move over into more complex field data collection. Under close supervision, performs basic functions requiring technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverable. Evaluates methods used to accomplish the drafting and/or design activities.
OSP Field Engineer Qualifications:
• Diploma or Certificate preferred. Typically a minimum of 1+ year related work experience.
• OSP/ISP/MDU or Fiber data collection/site walk experience; also will consider folks who have utility data collection/site walk experience that would be similar.
• Prefer knowledge of Columbus metro and knowledge or experience with jurisdictional requirements.
• Fiber optic installation / construction experience (ideally in all environments – aerial, underground, and buried)
• Fiber splicing
• OSP network design
• Field engineering
• Experience with permitting or special crossings (bridge, water, railroad…)
• Fiber to the Cell Site (FTTCS)
• Make-ready design/construction
• GIS experience
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.