|Telamon is hiring Level IV Installers in various locations. Some locations include:
• Little Rock, AR
• Central and Southern Indiana
• Dayton, OH
This is a position requiring moderate to strong experience in the telecommunications industry. Under liberal supervision, the Installer IV performs a wide variety of field activities associated with installing, maintaining, and servicing telecommunications equipment in the field. Typically handles moderately complex products and/or problems, and may provide guidance to lower level installers. You must have AT&T Central Office experience to be considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Executes the essential duties and responsibilities of an Installer III, plus
• Provides work instruction to Level I, II, and III Installers.
• May serve as Site Crew Leader
• May perform as the installation in-charge person
• Performs additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits. Work operations/job activities may include:
Software additions or upgrades
Power transition work
Addition or removal of batteries.
• Addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources.
• Performs power verification and power up equipment.
• Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
• Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training).
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
• Sound knowledge of the phases of the product installation.
• Knowledge of Telcordia GR-1275 Core Standards or other applicable standards.
Education and Experience Required:
• AT&T Central Office experience
• Ciena, Cisco or Fujitsu Testing Experience
• Electronics training equivalent to 2 years of technical trade school or military school and 6 years of field service, or equivalent as determined by Installation Manager.
• Typically, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Level III Installer.
• Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3, or 4) being worked on
• Successful completion of the Level IV Skill Level test
• Travel away from home for several weeks may be required on demand. Shift work required on demand.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
• Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
• Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites