|TelForce Group is looking for a Make Ready Engineer to work remote. You will be required to train in their office for 1-2 weeks in the Sacramento, CA area. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
The Make Ready Engineer will make ready in office (Pole loading, QA/QC field information as it is submitted from the field). Work will utilize programs, procedures and work processes developed and provided by the project along with standard engineering work planning to complete project deliverables. The Make Ready Engineer will drive for quality of deliverables and minimize rework through the application of quality absolutes while working independently and as part of a team. Depending on your experience/skill level, there could be the opportunity for this work to be done remotely.
Make Ready Engineer Description:
• Complete make ready pole applications for submittal to client
• Coordinate with project team members collecting field data in support of make ready engineering
• Receive field data and verify data is in format to support MRE work
• Review photographic imagery provided with field data to determine optimum alignments and locations
• Perform analysis of pole attachments utilizing O-Calc
• Prepare pole inventory tables for the pole applications summarizing MRE remedies
• Work with Make Ready Designers in preparing cover sheets and design drawings depicting outside plant (OSP) aerial layouts utilizing existing project tools and procedures
• Maintain continual status of assigned work through tracking tools assigned by the Project or self-developed
• Coordinate as necessary with engineering management, and functional groups to ensure understanding of technical, quality, and cost expectations of the specific design packages
Make Ready Engineer Qualifications:
• Must have at least two years of outside plant experience
• Ability to understand and read cable, power pole and conduit maps and the understanding of telephone plant
• Must be proficient in GO-95 and able to review pole information and field photography and data to preform MRE to all specs
• Must understand current Testing requirements for correctly executed lease attachment applications
• GIS/Database manipulation experience
• Experience with pole analysis/winding, loading software, specifically O-Calc/O-Calc Pro
• Experience with EZ-Load
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Desktop automation skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Strong attention to detail
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.