This job is inactive
OSP Engineer Job from TelecomCareers
|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Kansas City, KS area.
The Outside Plant Engineer is responsible for Fiber Optic detailed network design for middle mile and last mile fiber based networks. It requires an in depth understanding of current fiber optic design standards and industry processes. It also requires a working knowledge of a GIS based design support software program and close coordination with site fielding staff and graphics personnel to support the final product. Typical OSP design responsibilities range from the initial determination of the pathway routing and construction alternatives based on site walk outs to final detailed design generation. The design engineer is fully responsible and accountable for the final design content and document generation to support the placement of the physical fiber infrastructure supporting Outside and Inside Plant communication facilities.
OSP Engineer Description:
70% - Design formulation
20% - Design review and quality assurance
5% - Scheduling
5% - Local client interface
• Evaluate, document and adhere to Client design requirements
• Support design team in generating detailed network drawings in GIS software while supporting ongoing design conference calls.
• Coordinate with the fielding team on specific site visit schedules and data gathering requirements.
• Create high level preliminary route design and facility specifics to manage fielding request instructions.
• Perform detailed ISP designs specifically adhering to design standards provided.
• Calculate and generate all necessary splicing prints/port assignments and power loss budgets.
• Support the team by participating in the mentoring of other new design team members.
• Perform design within allocated budgets and time frames.
• Provide design lead with updates on progress and roadblocks.
• Advise the Engineering Lead regarding design progress and roadblocks discovered during the design process.
• Participate in developing process improvement concepts.
Project Execution Responsibilities:
• Review fielding and client change request to manage the scope of work changes and design criteria.
• Produce change order documentation
• Perform detailed design in 3-GIS based systems.
• Review designs for quality and cost improvements.
• Support design via any jurisdiction permits drawings required.
• Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular updates.
• Help Maintain project records and files, in Documentum and SharePoint.
• Support QC and as built efforts with design changes/updates.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Typically a minimum of 3+ years related related work experience in OSP and/or ISP fiber detailed design. Highly prefer 5+ years related work experience.
• Experience in interpreting client request and apply design standards to work product.
• Possesses a deep understanding of inside and/or outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure alternatives available.
• Familiar with construction focused on middle mile fiber builds.
• Knowledge/experience with Web Applications and the GIS design domain.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Flexible and able to think quickly working to resolve design issues and makes decisions.
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Functions as a technical specialist with minimal supervision.
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic knowledge of other disciplines
• Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.
||Engineers / Technicians, Operations