|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer to work in the Northeast (PA, NY, NJ & MD). This is a full time, direct hire position.
This position is responsible for service order/job processing including work order preparation from design through closeout, including OSP additions and building and site design and development. This position is also responsible to prepare aid-to-construction estimates, highway relocation projects, cost estimates and invoicing.
OSP Engineer Description:
• Perform site surveys and record field notes in order to develop an accurate work print.
• Design pole/cable routes between various points, including aerial, buried and underground construction methods.
• Ability to assign, read and interpret cable and terminal counts, as well as, fiber panel port assignments.
• Provide labor and material cost estimates for projects which include the design, construction and splicing aspects of the job.
• Design and implement the use of OSP and CPE facilities, including field and GPS surveys, field staking surveys, copper and fiber technologies, including both wired and wireless facilities and technologies.
• Develop, implement, and maintain all Engineering, Drafting and Facilities records, through work order preparation and processing, including design and closeout of facility assignments.
• Responsible for the use and operation of all applicable current computerized operations and CAD systems.
• Responsible for the preparation, acquisition, processing and maintenance of all private and public, state and federal Rights-Of-Way and easement permits.
• Responsible for the development of high level OSP cost estimates primarily for feasibility studies that may materialize into additional projects.
• Develop, process and maintain various reports, records and as-built applications.
• Prepare, process, implement and maintain contracts, agreements and administration of construction forces and complete required inspection, quality assurance testing, invoice processing and contract closeouts.
• Assists in research and application of new technologies and products.
• Ability to set and meet deadlines for project completion and to effectively relay those deadlines to superiors.
• Ability to meet deadlines for projects set by others.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once while maintaining the quality and integrity of each project.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
• 5-10 years’ experience in Outside Plant Fiber Engineering
• BICSI certification a plus
• General office practices and procedures
• Must be able to read, interpret, and use RUS standards
• Must have good knowledge of circuit design and application, as well as OSP facilities construction and application of standards
• Must have a good knowledge of Right-Of-Way acquisitions and law; and be able to effectively communicate
with permitting agencies and private landowners
• Knowledge in cable technologies, structure, and handling
• Time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrates high ethical standards, strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment, showing respect for others, the ability to acknowledge and build on others’ ideas, and support for group decisions.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and consumer electronics
• General knowledge of electrical processes
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services
• Must have an ability to read and understand staking sheets, blueprints, instructions, engineering diagrams, work orders, written documentation, training materials and network records
• Exhibits exceptional organizational skills and be a problem solver
• Communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
• Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines
• Work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments
• Provide excellent customer service
• Help promote a safe working environment by following safety procedures
• Ability to operate mechanized equipment such as trucks
• Occasional travel may be required
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Garrett at 615.915.3119.