|TelForce Group is looking for a Structural Engineering Manager in the Raleigh, NC area. This position will require international travel. Relocation assistance is available for those willing to relocate to Raleigh.
This position is responsible for the expansion and supervision of the Structural Engineering department on a regional basis. Services provided by the department encompass structural engineering services (STR department). He/she will oversee the development, implementation, and oversight of all departmental procedures. The selected individual will be accountable for client development, staffing, budget adherence, and team supervision of various structural and investigative assignments in mainly the telecommunications market. Other markets that require assistance may be necessary.
Structural Engineering Manager Description:
• Management of the Structural Engineering Department on a regional basis
• Heavily assist in the development of revenue projections
• Develop and oversee department budget and P&L oversight
• Schedule and monitor the daily work load of the tower engineers, which involves the following:
• Responsible for quality and quantity of all engineering studies, reports and letters
• Responsible for the quality and quantity of engineering investigations
• Provide Vice President with appropriate report(s) on quantity and quality
• Responsible for client satisfaction
• Development of new clients and broaden capabilities with existing clients
• Identify and assist in the development of new business opportunities
• Establish and maintain good relations with clients and vendors
• Expertise in all facets of telecommunications engineering
• Actively foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
• Responsible for the development of staff in the Structural Engineering Department
• Hold weekly staff meetings or as required
• Act as a technical and professional mentor to staff
Structural Engineering Manager Qualifications:
• Formal education required is a Bachelor or Master of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution preferably with a focus in structural or civil engineering.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of personnel and/or program management.
• PE required, preferably in multiple states is required.
• Expertise in Client interaction and client management.
• Expertise in all phases of a project from inception to completion, in maintaining quality and quantity of all projects and maintaining required turnaround times.
• International experience with project planning and development of outsourcing projects required.
• Meet with clients, develop and maintain schedules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prioritize multiple tasks of multiple staff
• Develop organizational and coordination skills of staff
• Review engineers work as required
• Expert in engineering and design practices in concrete, steel, wood and masonry.
• Expert in computer programs including MS Office, AutoCAD, STAAD, RAM, LPILE, RISA, Caisson, tnxTower
• Expert in TIA, AISC, ACI, and state building codes
• Expert in manual numeric calculations and hand sketches to accurately represent tower design components
• Excellent visualization and interpretation of engineering evaluations
• Expert in writing reports and business correspondences
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.