|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Field Engineer in the Denver, CO area.
OSP Field Engineer Description:
Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and the company’s policies and procedures.
Develops an understanding and complies with the company’s quality program. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope. Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work.
Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis.
Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
Shares information with others as requested.
Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership.
Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
MDU Fielding Experience, excellent people skills and an understanding of Inside Plant Fiber construction
Travel to various MDU’s to determine fiber routing
OSP Field Engineer Qualifications:
• Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience, prefer 2+ years relevant field experience.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences PREFERRED or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Prefer knowledge of Columbus metro and knowledge or experience with jurisdictional requirements.
• Ideal candidate will have 1 or more of the following areas of experience:
• Fiber optic installation / construction experience (ideally in all environments – aerial, underground, and buried)
• Fiber splicing
• OSP network design
• Field engineering
• Experience with permitting or special crossings (bridge, water, railroad…)
• Fiber to the Cell Site (FTTCS)
• Make-ready design/construction
• GIS experience
• Individual must be available to mobilize when scheduled and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle report.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…)
• Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
• Must be able to stand, bend, squat, walk, move, lift, carry… equipment (>20lb) for the duration of the work day
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call August at 615.915.3119.