|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer to work remote. You will be required to train in their office for 1-2 weeks in the Sacramento, CA area. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
This role will provide expertise and experience with OSP Design, including aerial, buried and underground.
OSP Engineer Description:
• In this role, you will collaborate and contribute to multiple projects, including fiber design for backhaul, distribution and PON FTTX.
• You will provide economical, innovative, achievable solutions to challenges presented.
• Advise, consult, and coordinate with other departments on network requirements and development of implementation plans.
• Ensure network standards and practices are followed and enforced.
• Maintain accurate and extensive records of the various databases.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction in your daily responsibilities.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• 4-year degree in relevant technical discipline or 4 years of equivalent work experience
• Understanding of cable counts and network allocation
• Able to design and plan F1 and F2 design
• Determine building entry from Earth imagery
• Understanding of cable overriding process and abilities
• Ability to review field data and determine a buildable-solutions, both aerial and underground
• Strong ability to perform in a highly technical and complex project, understanding all aspects while working with a team to advise on solutions
• Experience in designing using CommScope and Corning material, both raw and pre-terminated
• Experience in GIS is a plus
• Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and specifications
• PC Literacy and fluency in Microsoft Office, and various operating systems
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
• Excellent customer interaction and development skills
• Must be flexible, reliable and a self-starter
• Some nights and weekend work may be required
• Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to make sound decisions
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.