|TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Gallup, NM area.
Works closely with the Engineering Manager and staff by assisting in the preparation of long range plans, exchange and system designs, forecasts, estimates, budgets, plans and specifications, project management, inspection, circuit design and other related duties. Areas of Engineering will include Outside Plant Design and Construction, Mobile Backhaul, Metro Ethernet and DSL.
OSP Engineer Description:
• Ensures compliance with RUS & industry specs by staking all lines to be built and/or rearranged.
• Organizes and files necessary paperwork and staking sheets.
• Analyzes existing capacity & forecasts projected requirements to determine required construction/engineering and timing of projects and their costs.
• Assists with department’s annual budget by providing basic designs with associated estimates of cost for new and on-going construction projects.
• Designs and assists in coordinating the installation of subscriber carrier and other transmission systems.
• Assigns cable counts to assist with preparation of cut sheets for cut-overs in copper and fiber outside plant configurations.
• Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings using MAPCOM M-4 and manual drafting techniques.
• Estimates equipment, labor and material. This may also include timelines or schedules for construction and cut-over.
• Prepares & reviews as-built material & unit totals prior to close-out of each job/project.
• Reviews invoices and verifies units placed against original estimates.
• Prepares, coordinates and secures necessary permits, easements and right-of-ways.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
• Knowledge of telecommunications construction & engineering practices and principles.
• Knowledge of transmission qualities and capabilities of copper and fiber plant.
• Knowledge of the understanding of FTTH, FTTB, and FTTN design and implementation.
• Knowledge of electronics & apparatus needed to support advanced services technology.
• Knowledge of the Central Office switching environment preferred.
• Knowledge of plant records-keeping.
• Experience with fiber and copper plant preferred.
• Knowledge of industry regulations affecting engineering projects including NESC Safety Regulations and RUS guidelines.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
• Skill in problem identification and resolution.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including work orders, staking sheets, schematics, and specification manuals.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Mobility to work in a typical office setting and travel throughout the Navajo Nation and the Company’s service territory.
• Vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.