|TelForce Group is looking for an Underground Construction Manager in the Indianapolis, IN or Lexington, KY areas. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Construction. The Underground Construction Manager will recruit and train crew members to install and maintain underground conduit and fiber optic cable lines. The Underground construction manager will direct the day to day work of the HDD crews and periodically visit the work locations to ensure safety practices are being followed and the crews are delivering quality work according to the construction plans and specifications.
The Underground Construction Manager has the ultimate responsibility for the HDD crews including training, safety, quality, costs and schedules. The HDD Manager will work with permitting entities, utility owners and property owners to ensure that the projects are completed in a manner consistent with our permits and right of way agreements.
Underground Construction Manager Description:
• Specifying equipment requirements including, bore rigs, tow trucks, trailers, crew trucks, water and mud handling equipment, safety equipment and all other equipment required to perform the work
• Work with our recruiters to identify and interview and hire crew members.
• Read and understand construction drawings and specifications
• Ensure all employees are properly trained in how to do the work and how to work safely
• Schedule crews so that work is completed to meet company completion dates
• Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the underground crews such as approval of time sheets and management of PTO
• Prepare detailed progress reports showing work performed, how the work is progressing against the schedule and the cost of each project.
• Prepare reports comparing production cost to what the work would cost if done by a contractor.
• Work closely with other departments to coordinate work schedules and completion dates
• Respond to network damage reports and direct the restoration of the cable(s)
• Ensure contract, permit and authorization compliance, as applicable.
• Review and approve job cost accounting reports submitted to management.
• Maintain day-to-day communication with the Senior Manager of Construction.
• Produce quality results in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Represent company professionally to satisfy immediate customer needs and to foster return business.
• Respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and those of the project team.
• Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
Underground Construction Manager Qualifications:
• 5-10 years of experience managing or supervising underground fiber optic cable placement crews
• Associate’s degree or higher in a related filed desired
• Hands on experience on an HDD crew is a plus
• Strong knowledge of Telecom construction and engineering
• Experience monitoring crew productivity and reporting crew cost for work produced
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.